Monday, July 8, 2013

Running Late with Max & Whiskers

It will be my Prince's 12th birthday next week and I have been reminded - not by him exactly - that the quilt that I intended to make for his TENTH birthday is still incomplete! Apparently this is a normal thing for quilters I discovered.



 For this project, my Prince chose the fabric range Max & Whiskers by the Scrappy company, Basic Grey! It is just perfect for a boy who loves animals. I was afraid that it would be to 'young' for him now that he is 2 years older, but he still loves the images and the colours.


I think the colours have made the greatest impact in making this quilt perfect for an older boy. Dusty blues, burnt oranges, blacks and browns - a great combination.


Well I have almost finished the top and have just a border to go and then I can throw it all together. Not bad for a 1st ever quilt and no lessons, ever. lol.





How many UFOs do you have? What is the longest period that you have had a project sit for?
I still have a 1/2 finished Batman cross stitch that has taken me only 5 years. Mind you we are in July (GASP! When did that happen!) and yesterday it was the first time this year that I picked it up....

Happy crafting

Joan

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You have been really motivated and look what you accomplished!!! I love the Max and Whiskers line - I had it in paper! Your son will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you SO much!!! I have been feeling so defeated and my confidence has taken a huge plummet. Thank you for your encouragement!
      The fabric is old but I hope you find some. The Fat Quarter Shop is where I go online. Bless you!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have gotten so much done!! Your son is so going to love this!! I'm guilty of starting projects and not finishing them. That's why I like scrapbooking so much - I usually finish my projects! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work! I tried quilting decades ago and just couldn't keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! Hope to see you back.